1) The Greek alphabet. I learnt it at school and it’s come back to me, which is pleasing.
2) It’s not wise to feed a pint of chocolate milk to a child after an hour walking in 36 degrees. Unless you want to see it again all over the cafe floor.
3) The Greek hillsides smell of figs.
4) If you drop your purse on a footpath from a monastery into the village, don’t rush to cancel your debit card, as a kind person might hand it in at the tourist office.
5) Oregano crisps are nicer than they sound.
6) Bakeries sell little homemade choc ices by weight. Five cost about 2 euros. Bargain.
7) If the playground is locked because it’s ‘out of order’, everyone will just climb over the fence to get in.