1. Entrails don’t taste as bad as they sound, not that I’d go out of my way to eat them again. We ordered them thanks to Mr Gum and an insistent four year old.
2. Cinemas in Thailand are fabulously comfortable, cheap (tickets start at under £2) and before each film they show a montage of photos of the King during which one stands up.
3. Lychees in Thailand are the size of apricots and so juicy you have to eat them over the sink.
4. There is an election in Thailand tomorrow. One of the campaign slogans says “politicians are like babies’ nappies, and should be changed as often”.
5. After three months in South East Asia without any serious stomach problems, I can categorically confirm that it’s safe to drink the ice.