1) You can make new friends in the most unexpected of places. And it’s always a pleasure.
2) It costs the same to send a parcel in Thailand from one of the postal agents as it does from the main post office. So don’t drag your ginormous parcel all the way to the main post office.
3) You can buy freshly killed lizards, toads and silkworm cocoons in the market in Luang Prabang. Apparently, they’re very tasty, we’ve not experimented.
4) We have however been enjoying the local croissants and nutella baguettes. God bless French colonialism.
5) Boy monks are as partial to sweets as boys who aren’t monks. Luckily there’s a little shop next to the temple that’s open all hours.