- On Fridays, Thai village children take their machetes to school to help with grounds maintenance.
- How to celebrate Buddha’s birthday in Thailand. It involves wearing white and eating rice pudding.
- Lizards can be very noisy creatures. The one living in our roof space would give any cockerel a run for his money and sounds like a pneumatic drill *yawn*.
- Banana flowers are very tasty, but only the jungle ones, domestic ones are bitter.
- As an addendum to my entry of a fortnight ago, not only can you fit a family of five into the back of a tuk tuk, but you can ALSO fit four backpacks, two large and two small.
- There are no present or future tenses in the Akha language, but there is a word for holding the hand of an old person when they die.