1) You know when people keep saying to you that you should go somewhere, because you’ll love it, which just makes you want to not go there, because how do they know what you love? Turns out that sometimes they’re right. You should go to Coral Bay. You’ll love it.
2) Aeroplane jelly comes in a dizzying array of flavours including bubble gum. It also has a catchy jingle. They’re frightfully clever these Aussies.
3) Turtle hatchlings from a particular nest are always either male or female, depending on the temperature of the sand.
4) Internet widget things don’t like getting hot. At all. This is a problem when it’s 38 degrees in the shade, and there’s no shade.
5) Ditto jam, eggs, potatoes, marshmallows and pretty much any food stuff that isn’t in a tin.
6) Ensuite doesn’t always mean next door to the bedroom, unless by next door you mean in the building next door.
7) Things are always cheap for a reason. See point 6.
8) Wagon Wheels in Australia are considerably bigger than Wagon Wheels in the UK: 48 grams to 36 grams. This is an actual fact backed up by reasearch (OK I asked my brother).