- How to use sat nav. I no longer need a husband.
- Despite the thermometer rarely dipping below 30 in the day, it’s almost impossible to buy rash vests now in Brisbane, because it’s the wrong season. Woolly coats yes, rash vests, no.
- When it’s really hot (see above) you store rubbish like chicken bones and prawn shells in the freezer until bin day. Otherwise it’s maggot central.
- Kylie is an Aboriginal word for boomerang.
- Australian nurses are much better at coping with needle phobic children than their English counterparts. Sadly paying the bill is just as painful.
- Travelling with children sometimes means compromising on where you go. But the second best place can actually be pretty lovely. And save five hours of driving.
- Attempting to run down a ladder on a wet climbing frame is almost certain to end in disaster.
- Steristrips are an essential addition to any travel first aid kit.