1) My husband doesn’t have tonsils. I have known him for 20 years and I only found out this week. How?
2) The Bee Gees are from Brisbane.
3) For a city with summer temperatures well into the thirties, Sydney has an awful lot of cocolate shops.
4) There is a newsagent on George Street that sells colostrum milk. I didn’t dare enquire which animal produced it.
5) A baby platypus is called a puggle.
6) All swimming pools should have a piano.
7) When it’s 38 degrees in the shade, it’s worth waiting for an air conditioned bus.
8) Until 1903 it was illegal to swim in Sydney harbour during daylight hours for reasons of decency, and swimming costumes continued to be regulated for many years to come. Personally I think this was a good thing. See last week’s entry about budgie smugglers.