I get a lot of people asking me if they can tag along on our trip. Well, at least three people have. Now I’m a generous sort, and willing to share my good fortune, so I’ve come up with some criteria. If you can prove that you meet all of these, and behave nicely, I might consider letting you stowaway*.
- Vote for me in The MADs. This is the most important rule. I have been shortlisted in the Best for Family Fun category. If you vote for me and I win, you will be stowing away with an award winning blogger. And who wouldn’t want to do that? It’s very easy, just click on the link, then scroll down past the other four shortlisted blogs (it’s OK, they’re not very good) and click on ‘vote’ next to my blog. See? Simple!
- Carry your own luggage. If you want to bring hair straightening thingamybobs, that’s up to you, but don’t expect me to carry them. I will be carrying quite enough heavy electrical gizmos thank you.
- Be able to sniff out a decent coffee at 50 paces. When I say ‘decent coffee’ I don’t mean that sweet brown milk that Starbucks sell by the overpriced bucketload. I mean proper coffee, with a smell that can wake you from a deep sleep and a kick that enables you to churn out award winning blogs posts.
- Eat what you’re given. I don’t like fussy eaters and I can’t be pandering to all manner of intolerances. If it’s frog curry for lunch, that’s what you’ll have. If my five year old son will eat it, so will you.
- Ask your friends and relatives to vote for me in the MADs. See above.
Do you meet all of these criteria? Great! Please apply to join me on a Thai beach by leaving a comment. Thank you.
*only human beings aged 18 and over who can physically fit in a 45l backpack eligible.