You will need:
- Klutz’s bubble book, which includes the amazing ‘Bubble Thing’
- 1/2 cup Fairy washing up liquid (it has to be Fairy, supermarket own brands don’t cut the mustard)
- 1/2 cup cornflour (supermarket own brands acceptable)
- 1 tbs Baking powder (not soda, don’t ask me why, I don’t make the rules)
- Large jug
- Child’s bucket
- Empty 1l milk bottle with lid
Pour your mixture into the milk bottle, take your ‘Bubble Thing’, spoon and bucket outside to a large open space. Preferably somewhere pretty.
Carefully pour the bubble mixture into the bucket and stir without making foam. Close the fabric loop on the ‘Bubble Thing’ and dip it entirely into the mixture, pulling out carefully and letting the excess drip off.
Open the fabric loop with the slidey bit and either move the ‘Bubble Thing’ sideways slowly through the air, or if it’s windy, just stand still and let the breeze do the work. When you have a humongous bubble, quickly close the slidey bit and the bubble will float away, startling passing cyclists.
Finally, it is very important to run after the bubble squealing and of course to pop it.
Repeat exercise until bubble mixture runs out or chilblains set in.